Why You Should Talk To An Attorney Before Insurers
Insurance is a necessary part of life, and a mandatory requirement for drivers in Illinois. Drivers, homeowners, restaurants, retailers and other property owners buy it to help cover the costs of an accident. When someone is injured, he or she files a claim, and the insurer pays. Simple as that, right? Wrong.
At Heffernan Law, we deal with insurance companies, adjusters and the claims process day in and day out. We know that they don’t play fair. We know that without a lawyer, most people don’t get near adequate compensation for their injuries. When you hire us, we help you avoid this result.
Were you or a loved one injured in an accident? Talk to our attorney first. Call our offices in Orland Park and Oakbrook Terrace at 708-263-4574 for a free initial consultation.
How Do Insurance Companies Avoid Paying You?
You have probably heard the warning that “insurance companies are in the business of making money, not paying it out”. Translation: companies will spend big money to train their employees to find ways to reduce their liability. The result is that you may not get full compensation for medical bills, lost wages, permanent disability, vehicle rental or repair costs and more.
Adjusters are professional interrogators and investigators who:
- Know exactly what type of information they need to underpay or deny a personal injury claim.
- Know what questions to ask to get you to make estimates, guess at facts or actually admit fault on a recorded line or in a written statement.
- Will make you feel comfortable, so that they can keep you talking.
- Will conduct their own surveillance to determine the validity of your claims.
- Will make promises of quick payment and fair settlement, but require that you sign away your right to sue.
- Won’t offer up suggestions for coverage you may be entitled to receive. They make you ask for it.
Call Us Before Calling Them: It’s Free Advice
We offer free initial consultations. You can talk to us about your rights after a car accident. We can help you answer questions and understand the benefit of having us on your side, all at no cost and no obligation to you.
Call us at 708-263-4574 or send us your information to schedule your free initial consultation with our lawyer. We can meet you at our offices in Orland Park and Oakbrook Terrace, the hospital or your home.